University Preparation & Enrolment Guidance
Learn German for your studies
The programme is directed at high school graduates who would like to study in Austria. In the German course you perfect your knowledge of German. The ActiLingua university expert advises you on the right choice of university and the enrolment process, and can also help you regarding registration at a suitable private/public university or university of applied sciences in Austria with Bachelor or Master degree programmes.
Standard-/IntensivkursPreparatory German Course
- 12-36 weeks recommended (min. 8 weeks)
- all levels year round
- beginners at least 36 weeks
- advanced learners 8-11 weeks
- 18 % long-term discount for courses longer than 12 weeks (already included in the price list)
You are welcome to take the ActiLingua assessment test to determine your German level. We will gladly advise you on the duration of your German course.
A certificate preparation course in addition to your German course prepares you for taking an official German language exam. OSD (Austrian German Language Diploma) Zertifikat B2 or C1 can be recognized by Austrian and some German universities as sufficient language entrance requirements. Our university advisor will inform you about the Austrian system of higher education in two tutorials and assist you in choosing the right university and study programme.
University Enrolment Guidance
In addition to University Preparation you can also book our Enrolment Guidance. Before you come to Austria and start your German course at ActiLingua Academy, we will check if your internationally acquired diplomas could qualify for admission at an Austrian university. We will advise you regarding registration at a public/private university, a university of applied sciences or a University Preparation Programme. You can also choose a university with English study programmes in Austria.
For EU, EEA or Swiss nationals:
- High school diploma (legally attested and with certified translation)
- Proof of German knowledge of at least A2 level at the time of application.
- After German course at ActiLingua proof of sufficient knowledge of German: OSD Zertifikat B2 or C1.
Citizens of other nations applying at public Austrian universities ADDITIONALLY need:
- Confirmation (legally attested and with certified translation) of a recognized/accredited university in your home country that you fulfil the requirements for studying:
- in the same field of studies as you would like to study in Austria and
- for the period of time you want to study in Austria.
This confirmation is not required if you enrol at a private university
- Entry without visa:
EU citizens and students from Iceland, Norway and Switzerland
- Non-EU citizens:
12-24 weeks German course on a Visa C or D. Book the remaining course after receiving your Residence Permit (RP). Visa and Residence Permit must be applied for in the country of origin.
If needed, we can send you further information about visa regulations.
- Duration: approx. 3-5 years
- Title: Bachelor or Master
- Start of studies: October or March
- Main universities in Vienna:
- University of Vienna
- Vienna University of Economics & Business
- University of Technology Vienna.
- Private universities, universities of applied sciences and conservartories on demand.
- Study fees: EUR 750.- to 1,500.- per year at public universities. Private universities on demand (approx. EUR 10,000.- to 30,000.- per year.)
at Austrian universities
- admission restrictions at some public universities or universities of applied sciences
- entrance exams for highly popular degree courses e.g. medicine, biology, pharmaceutics, psychology, business economics
- supplementary exams (e.g. maths) are required at some universities.
Admission and starting dates university
- Winter semester: September-January
- Summer semester: February-June
- Start and admission periods differ at all universities. An earlier pre-registration might be required.
|Lessons:||20 or 30 lessons (Standard or Intensive) per week |
+ culture/special interest programme (5)
+ 8 lessons exam preparation course and
2 tutorials | (1 lesson = 45 minutes)
|Group size:||8-10 (max. 12)|
|Starting Dates:||Every Monday. Total beginners see below.|
|Starting Dates Beginners:||02.03.2020 / 30.03.2020 / 04.05.2020 / 02.06.2020 /
06.07.2020 / 03.08.2020 / 31.08.2020 / 28.09.2020 /
02.11.2020 / 30.11.2020 / 04.01.2021
|Starting dates |
|02.03.2020 (exam: 12.03.2020 & 13.03.2020) / 04.05.2020 (exam: 14.05.2020 & 15.05.2020) / 06.07.2020 (exam: 16.07.2020 & 17.07.2020) / 20.07.2020 (exam: 30.07.2020 & 31.07.2020) /
03.08.2020 (exam: 13.08.2020 & 14.08.2020) / 07.09.2020 (exam: 17.09.2020 & 18.09.2020) / 02.11.2020 (exam: 12.11.2020 & 13.11.2020)
|Minimum age:||16 years|
Class time schedule
09:00 am – 12:15 pm or 02:15 – 05:30 pm
You will be informed about your exact schedule on your first day of school.
|25 lessons||8 weeks||10 weeks||EXTRA week |
|12 weeks||24 weeks||EXTRA week |
|Tuition only||€ 1477,-||€ 1821,-||€ 172,-||€ 1853,-||€ 3605,-||€ 146,-|
|Tuition + Residence Standard twin / Student house shared||€ 2717,-||€ 3371,-||€ 327,-||€ 3713,-||€ 7325,-||€ 301,-|
|Tuition + Residence Standard single / Student house single||€ 3181,-||€ 3951,-||€ 385,-||€ 4409,-||€ 8717,-||€ 359,-|
|Tuition + Residence Standard twin for single use||€ 3445,-||€ 4281,-||€ 418,-||€ 4805,-||€ 9509,-||€ 392,-|
|Tuition + Residence Superior 1 person||€ 4637,-||€ 5771,-||€ 567,-||€ 6593,-||€ 13085,-||€ 541,-|
|Tuition + Residence Superior 2 persons||€ 3701,-||€ 4601,-||€ 450,-||€ 5189,-||€ 10277,-||€ 424,-|
|Tuition + Student Apartment/Family shared||€ 2541,-||€ 3151,-||€ 305,-||€ 3449,-||€ 6797,-||€ 279,-|
|Tuition + Student Apartment/Family single||€ 3101,-||€ 3851,-||€ 375,-||€ 4289,-||€ 8477,-||€ 349,-|
Supplement to course as booked
|Enrolment Guidance||495.00||course 8-52 weeks|
Save money with our long-term discount: Stay 12 weeks or more, save up to 18 %!
» To the offer
- Standard Course: In 20 German lessons per week (1 lesson = 45 minutes) you improve your general knowledge of German.
Intensive Course: 30 German lessons per week: 20 lessons Standard Course + 10 lessons in very small learngroups of max. 8 students.
- 5 lessons cultural/special interest programme per week: e.g. Vienna guided tours; talks and videos about Austrian music, art, history, literature and architecture; Viennese Waltz course; parties; sports
- Accommodation as booked (use of kitchen included)
- ActiLingua Certificate
- ActiLingua vocabulary book
- Course books may be borrowed for the whole course. Books can be bought at a 50% discount from the school office.
- Use of computers, books, CDs, DVDs and magazines in the multimedia library
- Student service at the school office, Monday - Friday
- Free internet access & free WiFi
- Student manual with interesting tips on Vienna
- ActiLingua Card entitling holder to discounts at a number of museums, theatres, restaurants and shops
- 8 group lessons exam preparation course
- Examination fee: OSD Zertifikat B2 or C1
- 2 free tutorials: Advice on the Austrian system of higher education and help with choice of study programme and university with the ActiLingua university advisor.
- Schedule for the path to your studies and visa support.
- Guidance for submitting of enrolment documents at 1-3 Austrian universities or for University Preparation Programme (Vorstudienlehrgang).
- Only possible in combination with University Preparation.
|Surcharge Intensive Course (8-11 Weeks)||€ 124.-||per week|
|Surcharge Intensive Course (12-52 Weeks)||€ 114.-||per week|
|Study fees (must be paid to the university)||€ 750 - € 1500.-||per year|
|High season surcharge |
(05.07. - 29.08.2020)
|€ 56.-||per week|
|Breakfast||€ 50.-||per week|
|Half-board||€ 134.-||per week|
|Transfer (from airport/station)||€ 42.-||one way|
|Travel insurance package||€ 18.-||per week|
|Cancellation insurance||4 %||of total amount|
|Public transport (subject to change)||€ 17.10||per week|